The Technology / Innovation
1. Salient features of the products is, Unhide and hide the colour images: The student while operating this Abacus moves the Lower and the Upper sliders to unhide and hide the colour images which represent values.
• The lower sliders when moved towards the bar unhide and display Green colour images.
• Similarly the upper sliders when moved towards the bar unhide and display Red colour images.
• The display of colour images and specific values makes the visualization many times better, stronger, faster, stress free and error free calculation, when compared to the earlier Abacus.
2. Indian Abacus – Digital for students is designed for On-line and Off-line coaching by connecting the PC or LAPTOP through USB portal and enable the children to learn - practice - test the abacus skills online - anywhere and anytime.
3. Indian Abacus – Digital for Tutors is designed for use by Tutors in the class room for training the students to do Arithmetic Calculations. The hardware & software, MP3 player, Remote Control which are part of the tool enable the display of the answers of the calculations on the LCD and LED screen.
4. The sliders stay put in the positions, when the Abacus is vertically viewed while working and values doesn't get changed and the Sliders are stable and firm and thereby the answers will be perfect.
5. Zero value positions: The sliders position showing colours which sink with cream colour back round are considered as zero value position which is logically possible when the sliders are closed or hidden.
6. Stress free view: The colour and non - colour positions of slider remove the confusions and the disturbing view and thereby understanding and Memory registry becomes easier.
7. Time saving in the class room: The Tutor can identify the answers from their place without moving to the student area when the answers are shown by the students sitting in their place because of the sliders do not fall and thus the students are able to do more sums due to time saving.
Benefits of Indian Abacus
1. The purpose of our efforts to develop the Indian Abacus was to make the learning of the abacus based skills by children of the age group – 5 to 13 years, Easier, faster and stress - free with special focus to facilitate the children to learn numbers and identify them as colour images, to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide them in doing the calculations.
2. The Indian Abacus is an educational counting tool for learning to do fast and accurate mental arithmetic, more particularly it helps in enhancing their brain skills such as CONCENTRATION, VISUALIZATION, Listening Skill, Self Confidence, speed and Accuracy by activating the right brain.
3. Helps students to overcome the fears of mathematics and Academic excellence in all subjects.
4. Mental Math: Initially the child moves the Sliders in the Physical Abacus to do arithmetic sums.
After 3 level, the Child imagines the Abacus in its mind and can do arithmetic sums without use of the physical Abacus.
5. The Abacus based Mathematical skills remains in the brain as long term memory throughout their life and helps in their career development which in turn add to the human asset of the country.
6. Indian Abacus tool for Tutor can be used in the Play Schools to teach numbers as a learning apparatus of the younger children of the age group 2 - 5 years.